Cannot enable apps after Ultra Power Saving Mode

A

AC Question

I've had a look around and haven't been able to find a solution to this. Hoping to avoid a factory reset - my last option after this.
I put my phone (Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 running 4.4.4) into Ultra Power Saving mode earlier today. When I turned off UPS mode most apps on the phone remained disabled, with only the basic phone functions working (almost as if its still stuck in the mode, but with colour screen and the ability to swipe across empty pages)
I've tried manually enabling apps through settings - but for most, the "enable" button is greyed out. So far I've only got "my files", and oddly the Amazon app store to work (the Play store itself doesn't).
Tried restarting, both in and out of UPS mode, including removal of battery etc. I've also put the phone into safe mode and back again to no avail.
Anyone seen this before/have any idea how to fix it?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome as a new member. :)

I'm stumped. Let me pass this on to some more knowledgeable members, who may be able to suggest.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I've only turned on Ultra Power Saving once. I've never heard of this issue happening.

Now you can try to pull the battery for a couple of minutes, it that doesn't work I'm not sure. Have you tried to enable and disable regular power saving to see if that will bring it back?

There is the option to live chat with Samsung and they might can help you.

After those two options, the only thing I know is a factory reset.

ATBirch

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Huzzah! I've solved it.
In Settings>application manager I clicked the 3 dots and clicked "reset app preferences". Simple fix in the end.
The home screens are blank still but easily repopulated.
I had tried all the options above already, but thanks for helping.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay