How to update an Android 1.6 app with AdMob

Adrian Dibu

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I have an app METs. I made it for android 1.6 in 2009 and I unpublish it in 2009.
I want to republish now with AdMob. I added Google Play services and I wasn't able to solve the error message:
Could not find method android.view.Display.getRealMetrics, referenced from method com.google.android.gms.ads.internal.util.client.zza.zzT.
It appear at line AdRequest adRequest = new AdRequest.Builder().build(); If I change Project --> Properties - > Android --> Android 1.6 to Android 4.0 and android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation" to android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|uiMode|screenSize|smallestScreenSize"
Works perfect
Thanks

Thanks

Adrian Dibu

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I Googled for how to make an Android 1.6 with AdMob with Google Play services..
From August 2014 you will approve only apps with Google Play services.
I have an app METs.
I made it for android 1.6 in 2009 and I unpublish it in 2009.
I want to republish now with AdMob. I added Google Play services and I wasn't able to solve the error message:
Could not find method android.view.Display.getRealMetrics, referenced from method com.google.android.gms.ads.internal.util.client.zza.zzT.
It appear at line AdRequest adRequest = new AdRequest.Builder().build();
If I change Project-->Properties-->Android-->Android 1.6 to Android 4.0 and in Manifest
android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation" to android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|uiMode|screenSize|smallestScreenSize"
Works perfect.
It seams com.google.android.gms.ads.internal.util.client.zza.zzT ask for android.view.Display.getRealMetrics
and Android 1.6 not having it. How can I find android.view.Display.getRealMetrics and how I wrap it to be seen:
Thanks

Adrian Dibu

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
To be more clear.
I want to add to an Android 1.6 AdMob.
I used
Project-->Properties-->Android-->Android 4.0 and in Manifest
android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|uiMode|screenSize|smallestScreenSize"
Works perfect.

If I changed it to
Project-->Properties-->Android-->Android 1.6.and in Manifest
android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation"(I changed it to prevent error in xml)
and I I had error message:

It appear at line AdRequest adRequest = new AdRequest.Builder().build();

I am forced from August 2014 to be approved to use Google Play Services not SDK..
When I lunch AdRequest adRequest = new AdRequest.Builder().build();
Google Play Service method com.google.android.gms.ads.internal.util.client.zza.zzT.
are looking for an inexistent method
android.view.Display.getRealMetrics

How can I fix it.

Adrian Dibu

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
It is clear that it is a bug in google-play-services_lib
When you try to add AdMob to an Android 1.6(Level4) you get the message

sdk 1.6 has not getRealMetrics method in android.view.Display
They suppose to detect the level and add the methods to be able to run:
AdRequest adRequest = new AdRequest.Builder().build();
Best regards

Adrian Dibu

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
My problem was to update with AdMob 1.6(API level 4 Donut). To be approved they forced me to use Google Play Services and rebuilt them with Android 2.3(API level 9 Gingerbread) Project-->Properties-->Android-->Android 2.3(Level 9) and in Manifest android:minSdkVersion="9" I have a error in xml Manifest related to android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|uiMode|screenSize|smallestScreenSize'".I changed it to android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation" to work but instead of banner I have an error that I must add android:configChanges.So I changed android:minSdkVersion="13"
and it works. I am very sad from Android level 4 I ended to level 13 it is a lot of missing phones.
To conclude Google Play Services works only if android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|uiMode|screenSize|smallestScreenSize'". android:minSdkVersion="13".not android:minSdkVersion="9" how they recomanded.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781