why my old saved / recorded videos wont work

A

AC Question

I have old videos on my phone that worked fine until today. I was playing a new game I downloaded and my girl called, soon after I kept gettin a message sayin systemui had stopped, or sumthin like that. I gettin my phone cuz it kept pop in up and now I can't view my videos. these are mostly my lil girls 1st steps. please some1 help me!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Are the videos saved to Internal Storage or a microSD card? If the latter, the card might be corrupt. Unmount the card (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and insert it into your computer. Back up all of the data on the card to the hard drive now, and then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors. http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html.

If the videos are saved to Internal Storage, connect the phone via USB to your computer, and use Windows Explorer to copy the video files to the hard drive--can you view the videos on the computer? (They should be in the /DCIM/Camera directory on the phone.)

Remember that flash memory does not last forever--it can fail, especially SD cards. You should always back up important data to your computer hard drive and/or the cloud (like to your Google Photos in the cloud).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38