Messaging App not providing option to Forward texts or Download pictures

A

AC Question

Using 4.4 Kit-Kat and the standard Android Messaging App but there are no options to Forward Text or Download MMS pictures. This means that I can't even forward texted pictures to my email address. I have a strong signal, have rebooted several times, and have checked for updates but none of it works. Had an older android phone so I know where the options are supposed to be, my husband has a newer Android and he is unable to find the options either. It's like they're missing. So whenever I get an MMS the only way to show it to someone is to go into Messenger find that text and pull up the photo in Gallery and show them my phone, that can get old especially if it is an old message.

Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What happens if you long-press the photo in the MMS thread? Or if you tap it to make it fullscreen, is there a Menu button? If so, is there a Save or Download option there?

jsmpro

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Short answer is no. If you open it in full screen it uses the Gallery App and when you long press it the only option is to set desktop with it. Even once you set the pic as a desktop it's not available in any folders. The pic can only be found in the original MMS. As for the Forward option it isn't even available for SMS. Should I try removing the Messaging App and re downloading it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Frustrating. Not sure if you did this already, but in the conversation view of the Messaging app, what happens if you long-press the image there? I'm not sure if you were long-pressing after making the image fullscreen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm