Big doubt: Meizu MX4 Pro or Asus Zenfone 2?

Molmark

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Good evening to everyone :)

I own a Galaxy Nexus by three years but now, unfortunately, is slowly becoming less and less powerful. Except for the last months, this smartphone has given me a good performance feedback because of the possibility of modding thanks to the big developing-scene.

It has been a while that I hadn't checked the market of smartphones and - as I expected - some prices gave me a big shock.
I'm sure that a big charge is often worth, but I don't think that is necessary to me - because of the use that I do - to buy a smartphone with a price greater than 250€.

So I've surfed the net for some days between reviews and comparisons and now I've met a final decision: Meizu MX4 Pro or Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML?
I premise that I've found both of them with a price inferior to 260€ and 16GB of storage space is totally sufficient to me.

While the Meizu gives me a sense of minor reliability - both for the software and for the hardware (I've read about not few users that encountered some problems, who with the fingerprint reader, who with the proximity sensors) -, the Asus gives me a sense of "normality", even too much.
However, even if it was one of the last features that I used to search in a smartphone, the idea of having a good camera (I'm talking about the Meizu, obviously) excite me, and the same for the display; but I can't loudly say the same for the Asus.

Is needed say that the Meizu's modding-scene is really at a low level (I've never thought that an Android device would have been so little moddable); on the other hand there's something of this for the Asus. Anyway, I only care about the possibility to repair any software problem on my own without request any assistance, as I've done for many years with my dear GNex.

I'm mostly scared from both the devices for the battery topic. I've used a phone for some months charging it twice a day with a low-medium usage, and it has been a little heavy. I would avoid this anymore, so I want to buy a telephone that could give me the possibility of a medium-high usage until the evening. Anyhow I haven't read anything good about the batteries of both the devices.

These are only some of the ideas that I've made for myself. But, since I've read different information from different sources on the net, I've decided to ask directly to someone more expert in order to leave any doubt about.
And so here I am :)

Would be anybody so kind to help me in this decision, clarifying these doubts and making a good comparison of the two smartphones?

Thank you in advance.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Molmark

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I would really prefer a Nexus set product to the two I'm deciding about, but its cost is over than my budget.

Talking about reliability and speed, which would be better between the two I've decided? There's no big differences between them?