Deleted over 800 photos on my LG4 with no back-up or SD card only internal storage.

A

AC Question

All,

Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Today I Deleted over 800 photos accidentally on my LG4 with no back-up or SD card only internal storage.

I spent the last 14 hours trying to recover the photos with every top-rated and unknown photo recovery program. DrFone & WonderShare, REMO, Recuva, Steller, MYJad, Gutensoft and a dozen others. I only get so far and I am barred because my phone
is not rooted. I read about rooting and I don't want to chance destroying my phone plus I will void the manfacturer's warranty.

So I need a recovery system that will scan the internal memory of an android that is not rooted.

I believe the photos are still there if I don't use the phone and overwrite the files. I just can't see or access them. What kind of a smart phone is it that just allows you to accidentally, delete every photo with a single swipe and why isn't there a software program to address this. I'm not the only fat finger out here.

Any glimmer of hope is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
So I need a recovery system that will scan the internal memory of an android that is not rooted.
Recovery doesn't scan the phone, it reads the directory - which needs root access.

Only PhotoRec recovers files by scanning for the files themselves, and there's no version to scan the internal storage. You'd have to make an image of the userdata partition (which requires root) and scan that file.

IOW, without being rooted, you can't. Which is why backups are so important.

I believe the photos are still there if I don't use the phone and overwrite the files.
They are.
I just can't see or access them.
Because the listing of what's where (the directory) shows them as deleted files.

What kind of a smart phone is it that just allows you to accidentally, delete every photo with a single swipe and why isn't there a software program to address this. I'm not the only fat finger out here.
Most deletion is by tapping a trash can, then you're asked if you want to delete or cancel. If you have an app that just deletes all files with one tap, I'd uninstall it.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary