facebook app jumps back to portrait mode out of landscape.

• Thread starter bandanajack@gmail.com
  • Start date
B

bandanajack@gmail.com

i am using an android powered desktop (hp slate pro). in portrait i have a 4" wide column down the center of my 21" screen that is illegible. the only fix i have found is to uninstall the app and then reinstall it. over and over and over again.

any help to lock the app in landscape?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, I'm having a little trouble visualizing the issue. Your 21" screen is already landscape, right? So if there's a vertical column running down the center of the screen that is distorted or illegible, how will it help to keep the app in landscape? And is the app actually going to portrait mode, even though your screen is in landscape orientation? So in other words, is it displaying sideways?

A screenshot would be helpful: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

RoyBro

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
I believe I am having a similar problem but with an android tablet.

The Facebook app was originally designed for a phone. So it has one column of information. When you turn your phone or tablet to landscape orientation, the app rotates but still has only one really fat column, very annoying on a tablet. A couple of months ago, I got a message saying that from then on, I would be viewing Facebook in landscape mode. The app then had multiple columns so that the main column with pictures, videos, posts, etc. was no longer too wide, and a second column with ads, chats, etc. It was a welcome change.

For some reason, when I logged on last night, the app had reverted to its prior single column or (portrait mode) state. I can't find any way to get my lovely multi-column display back.

Please Help

Roy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci