Software update for Kyocera Brigadier?

jleebiker

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else's Brigadier on Verizon try to do a software update today? Was it successful? Anyone know what it was for? Thanks!

NVM, looks like it was the Droid 5.1.1 update. Sweet!!!!

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If it's just trying to power off (instead of actively updating), it should be safe to force a shutdown by pressing and holding Power for 15-20 seconds. After the shutdown, power back on, and see if it boots up normally.

Azrealvect

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
My download started then stopped at about 3%. now it will not update again and is stuck at 4.4.2. When trying to search for updates it said it is up to date. Any suggestions? I would like to update but nothing iv tried works, Its like its no longer seeing the update and im stuck on 4.4.2 with software 1.723vz.

Nathan Tec

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
TO ANYONE TRYING TO UPDATE DO NOT DO IT ... It's the absolute worst update ... It's so much more complicated and dumb I am going insane :( you can't even use bass boosting apps on your music apps !!! I highly regret downloading this update because it's absolutely terrible it is completely ruining my way of working the phone .... enjoy your phone before this update ruins it

Last edited by a moderator:

nak50

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
So got it the day it came-out, & accidentally denied it. Spent next three days trying to get it again (stupid), but Verizon is very confused by the deal--website said last updated was last December; update link describes the 2.09vz (5.1 update); installation pdf directs you to instructions for the Kyocera Dura XV. Should have taken the hint. . . but finally the update pushed to my phone again . . . I dled it . . . plugged it in . . . waited 40 mins . . . then two hours . . . then 14 hours later called CS when they were open again & had them send me a replacement since my phone bricked itself. After receiving my new phone today, & getting through the process of setting this new one up, I have yet to receive the request to update (phone's software status says "up-to-date"). Tech I spoke to originally knew nothing about the update, problems or anything else; directed me to their website at which point they agreed the info was a bit muddled. Figure I'd throw my story up in case anyone was concerned.

I see one person hates it, & some others that might be experiencing similar issues.

Anyone using it & loving it?

jleebiker

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
So got it the day it came-out, & accidentally denied it. Spent next three days trying to get it again (stupid), but Verizon is very confused by the deal--website said last updated was last December; update link describes the 2.09vz (5.1 update); installation pdf directs you to instructions for the Kyocera Dura XV. Should have taken the hint. . . but finally the update pushed to my phone again . . . I dled it . . . plugged it in . . . waited 40 mins . . . then two hours . . . then 14 hours later called CS when they were open again & had them send me a replacement since my phone bricked itself. After receiving my new phone today, & getting through the process of setting this new one up, I have yet to receive the request to update (phone's software status says "up-to-date"). Tech I spoke to originally knew nothing about the update, problems or anything else; directed me to their website at which point they agreed the info was a bit muddled. Figure I'd throw my story up in case anyone was concerned.

I see one person hates it, & some others that might be experiencing similar issues.

Anyone using it & loving it?

One of my staff received the update OTA and installed it just fine. He reports amazing battery life. He's easily getting 2 days of use out of it. He has not had any issues.

George Rohlinger

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I did and regret it!! it killed my battery life on my Brigidier! Best feature was battery life now I cant barely get 8hr with little use! I see a lot of people having same problems. Verizon has no answers to why. Verizon has decided to replace my phone.

jorgeix

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with my battery running out so fast before the update. It turned out it was an app that I had installed that was draining my battery. I uninstalled that app and re installed and the problem was fixed.

Turbo44

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I got the notification on 11/ 3 and because I could only delay it by 24 hours I went ahead and did it that night. I cleared cache from apps and made sure Apps were up to date. I made sure the battery was near full and I had good strong Wi-Fi signal and I went for it. I did have something keeping it awake for the first day and a half. I went through all settings and shut the phone off and back on and that stopped. I use the phone battery settings and GSAM battery monitor to figure out the awake issues. I usually charge the phone to full before bed. Stand by losses while on Wi-Fi or without Wi-Fi on are sometimes less than 1% / 8 hours of sleep. Some mornings the phone is still at 100% after being on all night. The first time I didn't believe it. I thought that GSAM battery monitor and the stock battery stats were wrong. Like I said I did go through all settings to check make sure nothing was and did have to make a few changes. But battery has been exceptional now. I should add that I was familiar with the droid turbo on 5.1 so lollipop is not new to me. The Brigadier was great on 4.4.2 but at even better on 5.1.1. Being able to stop interruptions while sleeping other than priority is useful. And I should note that I do use the Google now launcher not the stock launcher but that was before the update because I was having issues with ok Google from the home screen on the stock launcher.

Last edited:

Brad B

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I did the update with no issues now I regret it. Prior to my battery life was great 2-3 days before having to charge it sometimes. Now I'm living off a cord practically, can't go a full day on one charge. My usage is pretty tame too, answer maybe half dozen emails and probably 20 -30 text messages, and maybe 6 or 8 phone calls a day. And my data usage has sky rocketed. Settings on the phone show me the native email program is using all the data and battery and I can't kill it using the task manager.

Is it possible to undo the update and go back? Any help is appreciated.

Turbo44

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Clearly the email is the problem. I would stop all notifications in that app and check it manually until you can figure it out. And go into settings and storage and clear cache for all apps. And then go back into that email app and check all those settings again.

phildrz

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
I just did a software update from Verizon for this phone and now the phone does not work at all. Only a few seconds into the download a message popped up "Authorization Error - Unauthorized software was installed. Please install the authorized software. Press the power key to turn off your phone.". When I follow those instructions the phone turns off, but when I power back up the same message comes up. I cannot get it in safe mode either. Does anyone have any idea what has happened? Thanks for any input!

whoanellie

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The upgrade worked for me and it seems to have some nice improvements. I think my battery life is better now. Unfortunately I now cannot turn off the dreaded sound when I connect to qi wireless charging and I hear it all night long. It's very frustrating.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WAGB zone