Sprint Network/Mobile network state file??

imperial0007

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
hi i have a samsung galaxy s3 from sprint, rooted. My question is where/how do i find the "network & mobile network state" folder or file? the reason is cuz i would like to connect the phone to a prepaid or other carrier and i think deleting those files will allow me to do so, (PLEASE correct me if wrong)....

OR better question is how can i get the phone connected on a different carrier?
Can i or do i have to erase, change or clear any of the following; MEID, DEC, HEX#'s or IMEI & ICCID to do so? I Rooted the phone with a custom ROM (CM). Some say sprint will give me a certain number but my service was cut yrs ago so i doubt they would help being that i owe them $.. and is rooting same as unlocking?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
hi i have a samsung galaxy s3 from sprint, rooted. My question is where/how do i find the "network & mobile network state" folder or file? the reason is cuz i would like to connect the phone to a prepaid or other carrier and i think deleting those files will allow me to do so, (PLEASE correct me if wrong)....
Unless the "other carrier" is a network operator using Sprint, you're wrong.

OR better question is how can i get the phone connected on a different carrier?
The phone uses CDMA technology. (AT&T and TMobile use GSM technology.) The only other CDMA carrier in the US is Verizon, and they won't activate Sprint phones.

is rooting same as unlocking?
No, and a CDMA S3 isn't locked. (Locking prevents you from using another carrier's SIM. The CDMA S3 doesn't use a SIM, so locking doesn't apply.) The only "locking" on an S3 is that Verizon won't allow it on their network because it's a Sprint phone, and it won't work on AT&T or TMobile because it's a CDMA phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca