How do I get the notification bubble on my gmail app to go away?

A

AC Question

I have had gmail for ever and it's been on 99+ for a month or so and I finally had time to go through all of it and even unlink some unimportant emails from it. Now though...i always says that it has 13 messages on the app and I don't. Even if I get a new unread message, it doesn't go up to 14, it just stays at 13 and it won't move. I tried to uninstall all the updates, tried to clear the cache and the memory for it, restarted my phone, unlinked all my accounts and then linked them up again. Nothing has helped it and it's starting to get on my last nerves.

Someone please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? This can usually be solved by clearing the data from the launcher, but this means your homescreens will be wiped, and will have to be set up again. Go to Settings>Apps>All, select the launcher (it might be called Launcher, Home, Homescreen, TouchWiz, Sense, etc.), and Clear Cache/Clear Data. Now go back to the homescreen, and set them back up again. The Gmail icon should be back to zero (unless there are new unread emails).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke