Install Android apps in older Android phone..

A

AC Question

I need to install some GPS fitness distance tracking apps in my Lenovo a369i. When I try to install an app from Play store, it shows not compatible except Google Fit, which tracks too much and don't think has option to start/stop session. I don't think android 5.0 has something more than 4.2 that they should make it incompatible..

So is there a safe way to install current or previous versions of these apps? Don't think it would be safe to install something like a custom ROM from less verified site on phone also it would void warranty. Also I only want to install some simple apps so don't want to do something radical for it.

Also I tried Lenovo update application to see if there are some software updates from official Lenovo site but Windows cannot install a369i driver(debugging has been turned on) and I can't find one from a legit site.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You could try using the Amazon Appstore or Amazon Underground, whose apps may not be updated as frequently as those on Google Play Store. Otherwise, you'd have to find an apk file of an older version of the app, but of course, there's a higher risk of malware, since those files are found in filesharing sites that aren't regulated in any way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt