clean cahce partition

george106

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung Tab s10.5 Android ver 5.0.2 Model SM -T800A.

I cant access the the menu that allows me to wipe the cache partition . I have tried every combination of buttons pushes and no joy.

Home, power and vol down.......? get me into the os download screen.

Home, power and vol up............ leaves me with a blank screen. I then have to wait 30 secs or so and power up the device to make it boot up.

Anyone have any ideas, its driving me crazy. I havenclean this device before, so i know it works!

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

george106

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Hello and thank you for the welcome.

The android doesn't appear, i just get a back screen. I am following the procedure correctly.

Its driving me crazy.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to power on normally? If so, can you tell if there are any problems with the Home or Volume buttons? If they're malfunctioning, that may prevent you from being able to boot into Recovery.

george106

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I have no known problem with the button function.

After i have gone though the process to enter the 'wipe cache ' menu i get a blank screen where, it feels that is where the dead android should be. If i wait 30 secs i can boot as normal.

To answer your question, i dont notice any issues on boot up.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So what's the last step that you're able to successfully complete? Pressing Home, Power, and Vol Up together (which should lead you to the dead Android screen)? Or do you actually see the Recovery menu that allows you to highlight and select Wipe Cache Partition?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if you may need to try reinstalling the firmware. You can do so via Odin, using that Download Mode: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...w-flash-stock-rom-via-odin-new-interface.html. Or you could try Samsung Smart Switch.

It sounds like the Recovery is corrupted somehow, but to be honest, I'm not sure if that's included with the firmware that you can install.

You're pressing the buttons all at the same time, and not in a sequence, right?