I tried to take a picture on my phone (Note2) only to see the icon that pics were saving to the internal memory, I switched to the settings to it to save to the sdcard and with the next picture i got an error saying that it could not save to the card. I looked more into the issue and all my pics that were save to the sd card were nowhere to be found in the gallery.
    I attached the phone to the pc and to look through folders and dcim folder is nowhere to be found and I do have 'show hidden files and folders' option turned on. I have many pictures that mean everything to me on there and would really like to have them back. Any help please?
    11-11-2015 08:20 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! First, run SD Insight to make sure the card is genuine, and not a counterfeit. Counterfeiters take a smaller card and reprogram it to think it has more capacity. But when you fill the actual size of the card up, and then try saving more, you can start losing or corrupting data.

If SD Insight says the card is genuine, then Unmount it (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and insert it into your computer's hard drive. Can the computer read it? If so, back up as much of the data that you can onto the hard drive (you should be doing this on a regular basis anyway, if your photos are that important). Now run chkdsk to look for bad sectors, which occur when the card becomes corrupted: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html

Always remember that flash memory does not last forever, and can fail unexpectedly. Keep important data backed up to at least one physical hard drive, and also strongly consider using Google Photos Auto Backup.
    11-11-2015 10:15 PM