My Music Won't Play!

A

AC Question

I recently moved all of my music onto a new sd card. When I did that, and tried to play my music, it said that the files "could not be found". Even when I moved the music from my sd card back to my internal storage, the problem persisted. This has never happened before.

I have an HTC One M9, and I use Poweramp as my main music player. All other music players do the same thing, and give me the same message. The SD Card I used is a Silicon Power 64gb micro sd. Is my music corrupted now? Is it somehow encrypted, and my phone can't read it?

Also, I recently did a backup of my phone, literally an hour before this predicament happened, when everything was OK. Is it possible to restore to that backup, and have everything back to normal?

Thanks so much...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Silicon Power doesn't seem to be a very well-known brand, so I'd be concerned about the quality of the card--or perhaps, it's counterfeit (where they take a smaller size card and program it to think it's larger--then when you save more data on it than it can actually hold, a lot of that data becomes lost or corrupt). Run SD Insight to check its validity.

Can you try a different SD card? This time, just move a few songs over, and then see if PowerAmp can see them.

How did you do the backup, and what was it backing up?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund