How can i verify my google account if i just did a factory reset on my phone

A

AC Question

I did a factory reset on my phone(metro pcs LG G stylo) and now when I go to add my google account it ask for email and then password then it says I need to use the account that was recently used to sync the phone I only have one google account only one gmail email

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This is a relatively new feature in Android--if you do an unauthorized factory reset (which means the Google account owner didn't remove their Google account prior to the reset), then it will ask you for that account's email address and password after the factory reset. It's a way of foiling thieves from stealing someone's phone and then just doing a factory reset to make it their own.

purplerose22603

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
I have had this problem and tried to use the previous users Google account and password to login but it says "Please sign in using one of the owner's account for this device". Any suggestions to remove the Google account?

purplerose22603

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
It cannot be done without those account details.

I have the account details. I have tried logging and get this error. I can go on the Google account and see where I tried to log in with the device. I forgot to delete all account details on the phone before performing a factory reset. Is there anything else that can be done before having to send this phone back to the original owner?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21