Gmail app autofills with least contacted email addreses, not most

YegDisrobed

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I'm using a Galaxy S4 and the Gmail app. It's worked great for ages, but then I deleted some old contacts in Firefox on my laptop, and now on my phone the autofill is suggesting email addresses that I had deleted and haven't even contacted in years. Basically, this problem: techtimes (dot) com/articles/34986/20150224/email-sent-to-wrong-person-blame-wonky-gmail-auto-complete-function (dot) htm [Sorry; it won't let me post links as this is my first post]

I've cleared the cache and data, reinstalled the Gmail app, re-synced the contacts, cleared log files, everything I can think of. I don't know what more I can do. The autofill is working correctly (suggesting frequent contacts) on my Gmail in any web browser. It's only on the phone I'm having this issue. Maybe it's not something I can fix and Google has to address it (judging by that article I linked)? It's just strange it happened after I deleted a bunch of contacts. It's infuriating that when I used to type one letter, the most frequently contacted would come up, but now I have to basically type the whole thing. And I've accidentally emailed the wrong person when I forgot it's not working right. Argh.

Thank you!