Why do Gear 2/S2 apps only work when my phone screen is on/unlocked?

A

AC Question

All of my apps that use my phone's internet on both my Gear 2 Neo and Gear S2 work when my phone's screen is unlocked and on (for example: Travel Translator, CNN, and Gear Browser).

The apps do not work and are unresponsive when my phone's screen is locked (black). The second I hit my home button and turn my screen back on, the apps on my watch start working again.

It defeats the purpose of hands-free use when I have to keep turning on my phone's screen to use an app on my watch.

I just purchased my phone 2 weeks ago from AT&T. It is a Samsung S6 Active.

Has anyone else noticed these issues or is there something I can do to make sure that the Gear Apps can use internet while the S6 Active screen is locked?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
All of my apps that use my phone's internet on both my Gear 2 Neo and Gear S2 work when my phone's screen is unlocked and on (for example: Travel Translator, CNN, and Gear Browser).

The apps do not work and are unresponsive when my phone's screen is locked (black). The second I hit my home button and turn my screen back on, the apps on my watch start working again.

It defeats the purpose of hands-free use when I have to keep turning on my phone's screen to use an app on my watch.

I just purchased my phone 2 weeks ago from AT&T. It is a Samsung S6 Active.

Has anyone else noticed these issues or is there something I can do to make sure that the Gear Apps can use internet while the S6 Active screen is locked?

Welcome to Android Central!

Do you have hide notifications when the screen is locked turned on, on the phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech