gmail contacts disable help!!

r chris

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
OK new to the android world from an iPhone. I have a s6 edge plus Verizon.

I can't disable/keep gmail contacts off my phone! It's driving me insane. I've searched and searched and done what everyone states to do account Google turn off sync contacts done that turned off all sync still have gmail contacts remove gmail account all contacts gone!

I've also gone into contacts and choose phone contacts only but when I do a search for contacts it brings up email address from my Gmail contacts, even with all sync turned off.

I use G cloud to back up the phone but it's saying I have 2000 contacts to back up, they are gmail are gmail contacts that it's finding what the freak!

I don't want to see any gmail contacts other then in the gmail app,

I'm totally lost here and have no idea what to do other then keep the gmail accounts deleted but if that's what I have to do I'll just go back to my iphone!

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you talking about not wanting to see your Google-associated contacts in your main Contacts app? Or are you talking about not wanting the phone to suggest email addresses when you start entering a contact or email address into certain fields?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci