Help To Pair Phones Please

A

AC Question

I am trying to get my Cloud information to go from my old phone (Samsung Galaxy Rush) to my new phone (Droid Turbo 2). My old phone wants me to scan a barcode to pair the phones. How do I scan with the Droid Turbo 2? After I scan, will I be able to pair the two phones? I am 69 years old, and new to all of this, so please forgive me if this sounds infantile to most.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
When you mention scanning a barcode, are you using Motorola Migrate? If so, open the Migrate app on the new phone, go through the steps indicating the phone is the new phone and it will then give you the barcode to scan with the old phone. HIGHLY suggested that you are on WiFi, it actually may not work if you aren't. Motorola was planning to discontinue Migrate as its features are duplicated in Marshmallow, but until things are to a point where even people's old phones are on Marshmallow it still serves a purpose.

See this link for info on Migrate, hopefully it can use the DT2 as the "new" device.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...igrate%2Fmotorola-migrate.html&token=aLjLljon

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie