How do I stop gwtting messages from Google Play saying that it stopped?

A

AC Question

Every few seconds I get this annoying message that pops up on my screen telling me that Google Play services have stopped. I don't care what it does since I don't use it obviously. All I do with my phone is call, text, use the internet, and occasionally take pictures. So unless it will interfer with that I don't care if I even have it. I've tried clearing the cache, forcing a stop, and even disabling everything that said Google Play. I just want the annoying message to go away. Can anyone please help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Google Play Services is pretty important for many functions of the phone, so even though you think you don't use it, much of what you do does need it. Does this persist after a reboot? If so, then try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I would try resetting app preferences, in settings, apps, menu, reset app preferences. This sometimes helps with Google Play issues.