Check battery cover?

Rikku Watro

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Whenever my friend restarts her Samsung Galaxy S5, it shows a message saying "Check battery cover". Is there any way to get rid of this message? There is no "do not show again" button when it shows up, by the way.

Ichbin EsNicht

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I am qoutin "lmarg" who posted the solution: If you're willing to root your phone you can rid of the "Check Battery Cover" messages for good.
Go to (I can't post a link because I haven't posted 10 times yet - ridiculous) gs5 dot wonderhowto dot com and use the search box to look for "check battery cover." The solution is titled "How to disable those annoying water damage popup reminders your galaxy s5."

Lal1954

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
The battery cover doesn;t form any sort of connection on the phone and is not part of any circuitry. It is almost certainly being caused by a faulty or not so good fitting SD card. Try these individual steps - they are not in any order
1) Save your SD card data and then format the card
2) If the above fails, remove the SD card press gently on the SD card holder and replace SD card
3) If the above 2 fails to cure it, then put a new SD card in, that should cure it.

Cheers
Lal1954

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
The battery cover doesn;t form any sort of connection on the phone and is not part of any circuitry. It is almost certainly being caused by a faulty or not so good fitting SD card. Try these individual steps - they are not in any order
1) Save your SD card data and then format the card
2) If the above fails, remove the SD card press gently on the SD card holder and replace SD card
3) If the above 2 fails to cure it, then put a new SD card in, that should cure it.

Cheers
Lal1954

Well, samsung make the S5 to show check battery cover on S5 after every restars so you remember to close the battery cover well. The battery cover is needed to be closed well in order to be water ressistant.

Posted with ❤Love❤