Block notification sounds only

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Is there any way to still get app notifications but without the annoying sound (Galaxy S6)?
I want the visual or even vibration notifications but not the noise.
When you go into settings you only get one option which is all or nothing:
to "Block app alerts including notifications, sound and vibration."
Other phones I have had give you the option to have just visual, just vibration and/or just sounds (or not).
Is there an advanced setting, override, or an app?

I can't abide the constant sounds so only option is to turn off all notifications, cutting off the nose to spite the face.

Posted via the Android Central App

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I see there is an app called LIGHT FLOW LITE that might work but reading the comments it has a lot of implications too.
Some comments: "app is trying to do too much," "this app has taken over my phone," and "app drains battery like crazy."
Seems like a big step just to remove a "beep."

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to still get app notifications but without the annoying sound (Galaxy S6)?
I want the visual or even vibration notifications but not the noise.
When you go into settings you only get one option which is all or nothing:
to "Block app alerts including notifications, sound and vibration."
Other phones I have had give you the option to have just visual, just vibration and/or just sounds (or not).
Is there an advanced setting, override, or an app?

I can't abide the constant sounds so only option is to turn off all notifications, cutting off the nose to spite the face.

Open system settings > sounds. You can disable the sound for notifications within that menu and keep vibrate. As you've discovered, lightflow will let you enable the notification light to flash different colors.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1