LG V10 Root?

WilliamTD

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I recently just got a LG V10 from Verizon. I really want to root it though. I saw a few guides on how to root with TWRP online so far, but I don't have that installed yet. I have a few questions I hope somebody can answer for me. Firstly, does installing TWRP or rooting wipe my phone? I really would prefer not to, as some of my apps have large in app downloads that I would have to download. Secondly, it it safe? What are my odds of rooting without bricking my phone? Thirdly, since rooting voids my warranty, could I wipe my phone in the future to still use my warranty? Does anything remain after a wipe that might void my Warranty? And finally, if I do wipe my phone in the future, do I need to reinstall TWRP to reroot or does TWRP and root stay? Thanks for your time!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
Firstly, does installing TWRP or rooting wipe my phone?
Most root procedures I have seen, do not.

Secondly, it it safe?
Kind of a loaded question. You are hacking the device, and technically introducing foreign files to the OS. From a pragmatic point of view, yes it is safe.

What are my odds of rooting without bricking my phone?
Hard to say. Bricking is always possible, but highly unlikely as long as you are following procedures for your device model and carrier.

could I wipe my phone in the future to still use my warranty?
Again, possibly. It depends on what safeguards LG has in place to detect any tampering of the OS.

Does anything remain after a wipe that might void my Warranty?
If you mean does a reset clear the root? No. Root usually stays after a reset.

And finally, if I do wipe my phone in the future, do I need to reinstall TWRP to reroot or does TWRP and root stay?
Both stay. TWRP is a different partition that a reset doesn't touch, and root is installed at the /system level and resets shouldn't affect that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech