How do I delete a contact phone number from the Galaxy s5

billkelsey

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
As far as I can tell, that wasn't the question. The question wasn't how do I delete a contact, the question was how do I delete a phone number FROM a contact. I could say something about paying attention, but I won't. I will say you haven't answered the question and no place I've looked has.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
As far as I can tell, that wasn't the question. The question wasn't how do I delete a contact, the question was how do I delete a phone number FROM a contact. I could say something about paying attention, but I won't. I will say you haven't answered the question and no place I've looked has.

If you go into the contact and press edit, it gives you the option to edit or delete the phone number

billkelsey

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I have not been able to find a satisfactory answer to this, so I'll just tell you what I did (instead of throwing my phone at the wall in frustration, which I've nearly done several times for various reasons).......after trying everything in every forum I'd read for an hour or so, I just gave up and deleted the contact, then went back in and created the contact again with the right info.

gjchiaro

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
Select the edit icon, under the words cancel and save you will see the words google twice. The one on the left will be highlighted select the phone number and back space until the old number is gone. Now select the second google word and that now should be highlighted now back space until the old number is gone. Now put in your new number and save.