Hello dear friends.

I have now spent two months with iPhone 6s. I switched from Samsung s5 environment to iPhone 6s. I am very active user of my phone for work and pleasure. On daily basis I experience iOS being incompetent operating system. Its still unpolished, after ten years in the making.

During this period of hectic usage of my new phone, I would like now to reveal my observations of some of the major weakness of newest iPhone:

1. Keyboard is horrible. Typing, copy, paste function is very flawed and unstable,

2. Very weak email handling in stock Mail app for accounts of Exchange, Hotmail, Gmail, even 3rd party mail apps are faulty,

3. Siri being much less efficient than Androids alternative Google Now,

4. iOS 9 being unstable during hectic work sessions,

5. Not being able to open some websites in Safari, even keyboard doesnt come up in some websites,

7. 3rd party keyboard crushing often, like Swift Key app,

8. Loosing important emails with attachments after sending them,

9. No physical return button, is often a challenge.

Reason why I jumped on the Apple wagon now in 2015 is that I assumed that after ten generations of iPhones, everything was polished and ready for the switch from my 8 years with Samsung and HTC phones. But, its far from ready.

So for anyone who is thinking about switching from Android to iPhone, dont do it.
    12-04-2015 09:28 PM
    Well, that may have been your experience, but it has not been mine. I've been using iOS, alongside Android and WP, for several months and have had no problems with it. On the contrary, my impression has been of a smooth, well-designed, carefully-controlled system.

Posted via the Android Central App
    mumfoau and Feldon like this.
    12-05-2015 06:11 AM
    Well, that may have been your experience, but it has not been mine. I've been using iOS, alongside Android and WP, for several months and have had no problems with it. On the contrary, my impression has been of a smooth, well-designed, carefully-controlled system.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Hello Belodion. Dont you find that jumping from one to another, is quite messy? Meaning they are completely different system.
    12-23-2015 12:43 PM
    Well, you'd think that would be the case, but in fact I don't. For the first year or so, my experience was limited to Windows Phones and Androids. I then tried an iPhone and liked it so much, I decided to buy one. I adapted fairly quickly to the different ways of doing things, and can now switch among phones/operating systems every day without much problem. My phone usage is fairly basic straightforward stuff though....I'm not an expert on the deep inner workings of any of them.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-23-2015 01:14 PM
    I think the problem is expectations. As long as you don't expect iOS to behave the same as android you'll be fine. And vice versa. I think the problem comes when people who have been on one os for so long decide to switch and then try and do the same things that they did on the other os. It's important to understand that each os does certain things well.
    amdxp1 likes this.
    12-23-2015 02:13 PM
    Might want to read my big rant about going the other way -- iPhone to Android. After a year, I was tired of d!cking around just to get the phone to operate normally without lag, errors, and constant micromanaging of my storage. I took some advice and I'm reasonably happy now.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ng-phones.html

iPhone is a unified solid experience. It doesn't take much tinkering to keep the phone running well. On the flipside, you don't have a lot of choices or customizations re: how the phone works. You can't swap in your own apps for certain things. You cannot install a truly separate web browser (all web browsers for iPhone are Safari with a different wrapper/skin). It's a walled garden environment.
    amdxp1 likes this.
    12-23-2015 03:00 PM