How do i know if I have spyware

A

AC Question

My phone started doing things like for example, I'd be on facebook and it would go black screen on me with no facebook has stopped, or I added app lock to facebook & gmail, I'd access either one and there would be no lock screen, I honestly thought I was going crazy, then the last most important thing was over heating like 120+ degrees to the extent I pulled over & took the battery out, that's what brings me here, I've installed anti spy app on my Note4 it tells me two can be a threat but detects no spyware but I'm not 100% trusting of it, so hopefully someone can help me & I'd truly appreciate it!!!

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, try booting your device into safe mode - https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-5744 (these instructions are universal to Android so don't worry about the fact it says s4)

If the phone powers up and has zero issues this means a 3rd party app you have installed is causing you issues. Unfortunately there isn't a quick way to find out what app it is, but at least you can begin to uninstall apps one by one until the problem persists.

Failing that a good old factory reset would be my next advice. This will reset your device to what it was like when you first bought it. Just make sure you back up all your data / media as you will loose these when performing a reset.

Good luck :)