Why has my sim stopped being recognised?

A

AC Question

My Nexus 6 is an unlocked Motorola version. I bought it last year in Florida, and used it extensively in US with "Gophone" and other prepaid sims.
On returning to my home in South Africa I fitted my local carrier "Vodacom" sim which registered and worked perfectly for about six weeks. The the 'phone reported "no sim" so, as that sim was aging and had been "cut" to nano I bought a new Vodacom nano sim but that too was unrecognised. The phone and sim have been checked thoroughly by Vodacom engineers in South Africa who can offer no explanation but confirm that the sim is valid, and indeed works in other phones.
Back in US this year I have purchased a new Gophone sim, which registered perfectly and all works well; so the problem is NOT hardware.
Any suggestions or explanations why the Vodacom network suddenly rejected this 'phone? Is there a database of valid imei numbers or something similar which might be out-of-date or wrong in South Africa?
Help please, as I LOVE the 'phone in all other ways

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like an issue with Vodafone, maybe somehow their system blocked by their system. Really it is a question for Vodafone if they don't know then I don't know either unfortunately.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol