New Spotify Premium user. The screen times out and goes dark after my 30 second screen timeout. There is no toggle button in Spotify settings to keep the screen on during playback, like for instance the PocketCasts app has. Besides setting the screen on time to always on ( and draining the battery ) how do you do this? The only answer I am finding in the unofficial Spotify forums is from 2 years ago and tells me to root my phone or try to go into developer settings - no way. Must be a very simple answer since this seems to be an Android only issue. I have an LG G2 running KitKat. (did not try to update to Lollipop )
    12-13-2015 11:29 PM
    I'm not sure if Spotify has settings like Pandora to keep the display on.
    But you can use the settings on the phone's display to keep it on for longer periods than 30 seconds.
    12-13-2015 11:33 PM
    Has anyone found a work around for this besides cranking up the screen time out settings?
    12-07-2016 09:49 AM
    Buy Tasker from the Play Store. Set a profile for Spotify, then create an entry tasm where screen timeout automatically cranks up to X hours, then an exit task that sets screen timeout back to where you usually want it. Basically the entry tasks occur when you enter the app, and the exit task is what happens when you exit the app.

I use Tasker for several of these automation jobs. For example, my phone is set up to automatically set notifications to vibrate mode when I open Spotify.
    Floridadomer likes this.
    12-07-2016 10:44 AM
    Buy Tasker from the Play Store. Set a profile for Spotify, then create an entry tasm where screen timeout automatically cranks up to X hours, then an exit task that sets screen timeout back to where you usually want it. Basically the entry tasks occur when you enter the app, and the exit task is what happens when you exit the app.

I use Tasker for several of these automation jobs. For example, my phone is set up to automatically set notifications to vibrate mode when I open Spotify.
    Thank You. Just bought it. Trying to figure it out now
    12-07-2016 10:54 AM