Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 upgrade to.... Tab E 9.7 or Tab 4 7.0? or...???

A

AC Question

My daughters had her Samsung Tab 2 10.1 tablet for quite some time now and it runs pretty slow so we have decided to get her a newer one as a bit of an upgrade.
However we can't decide which model to go for (looking to spend around £100 ish).
We have been looking at either the Galaxy Tab 4 (7" screen) on sale for £100, or the Galaxy Tab E (9.6" screen) for £120.
The Tab E is over a year newer and on paper it seems slightly better specs apart from the pixels per inch...only thing putting me off getting it is that most of the reviews for this tablet say not to bother with it!? My daughter is only 7 so don't need anything too fancy but at the same time I want to get the best for the price if that makes sense. Not had any experience with either model so just looking for a bit of help to chose one as its just an extra gift for xmas :)

Many thanks for any replies.

lee661985

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the welcome and also for the advice Golfdriver.

Hope you don't mind me asking but is there a reason you would pick the Tab 4 over the Tab E?

Storage is something that doesn't really matter too much because the tablet is just for my 7 year old to play a few games now and again and watch the odd bit of youtube on. If it starts running out of space I will just put in an SD card.

Appreciate your help and thanks again for your reply :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the welcome and also for the advice Golfdriver.

Hope you don't mind me asking but is there a reason you would pick the Tab 4 over the Tab E?

Storage is something that doesn't really matter too much because the tablet is just for my 7 year old to play a few games now and again and watch the odd bit of youtube on. If it starts running out of space I will just put in an SD card.

Appreciate your help and thanks again for your reply :)

The storage options were what made me suggest it. The tab 4 has a 16 GB option. The OS will probably take about 4 GB, so the 8 GB will leave you with about 4, and the 16 should leave about 12.

SD cards are OK for music and other media but are not really usable for apps.

Not sure what else to suggest for other options. I haven't paid too much attention to tablets in quite some time.