Why are apps missing after installing Amazon app store?

S

SARAH2015

I decided to install the Snowman and The Snowdog app (yes the TV ad worked a treat on me) using Amazon app store. I have never used it before, I always use Google play store, but I had a Amazon voucher so I could get it for free. Reluctantly I changed my security settings to allow installations from unknown sources just long enough to be able to install both amazon app store and the Snowman game. Strangely, I woke in the morning to find I needed to re enter my BT home broadband password again, the security settings changed back to allow installation from unknown sources, and not only the Amazon app store app missing but also 3 games I had installed for my baby from Google play a little while before I installed the Snowman game. Add to this I only have 99mb of storage space left which could be irrelevant but I'm sure I had plenty. I also had to uninstall amazon music as it kept launching by itself and leaving error messages for me when it found it couldn't open. The phone seems to be operating fine now but I am super paranoid and don't want to open any banking apps as I feel like my phone has been invaded and have changed the administration password on my home WiFi just in case. Would anyone be able to shed any light on this as I cannot find anything on any forums about it? Many Thanks ;-)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The amazon app store is safe but if you have any concerns, then I would suggest that you do a factory data reset.

Things sometimes get weird when Android is low on memory. I try to keep at least 1gb free.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech