HELP! Phone can't get USB recognition on PC. Should Reset? Help!

Smokysmoke

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
have an Infinix Hot Note Pro and the USB connection had been working perfectly till just yesterday when I plugged in and got a "USB not recognized" pop up on the laptop. Funny thing is the phone was charging, so I thought the cord had developed some fault from the safety of my jeans pocket. So I bought a new cord. Same thing. Charging but USB not recognized. Tried other computers but the same thing happened. Tried connecting other Android phones with my USB cables and got no problem.

So now am thinking, how can I start having this headachy problem over night. I'm wondering...should I wipe the phone? I'm at a loss here. Have tried activating debug and everything else. Unfortunately, Infinix doesn't have any setting for configuring USB utilities (if It has then I'm yet to find it)

So any help, anyone....please! Before I wipe off my phone and realise it's not the problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back! The microUSB port might be dirty or damaged. Look carefully to see if there is any lint or other debris in the port. Use a can of compressed air to blow it out. If it's clean and the problem is still happening, then you might have to look into replacing the port.

Smokysmoke

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Welcome back! The microUSB port might be dirty or damaged. Look carefully to see if there is any lint or other debris in the port. Use a can of compressed air to blow it out. If it's clean and the problem is still happening, then you might have to look into replacing the port.

Thanks. Had looked into the port... No obvious dirt. Tried using a brush to work the inside a bit. Don't know if that helped or not. Will look into it more tomorrow. Then I'll have someone check the port for possible replacement. Thanks again.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo