Need to constantly retrain "Ok Google" (and other woes)

A

AC Question

I've used "Ok Google" without a hitch on my Htc One M7 and my (current) HTC One M8 but "lately" (can't remember exactly when this started) iI've been experiencing boat loads of trouble with it.

First of all, it seems that I need to retrain it whenever I want to use it. I say "Ok Google" a couple of times and I get a message that I need to retrain "Ok Google". When I do, it recognizes my voice perfectly again - until I try again a few days later. Then I need to retrain it again.

Also, it no longer seems to work right after I reboot my phone. I first need to call up the Google app (by swiping up from the bottom of the screen) after which it will work until the phone is rebooted again. It used to work straight away.

The there's the thing of getting mixed results. I've set my "Ok Google" to have its primary language in English and my secondary language in Dutch (since, well, I'm Dutch). I need this so I can start navigation using my voice. If I say "Navigate to" then add a dutch streetname and place, it confuses the heck out of Google and it tries interpret the Dutch as English. Which obviously doesn't work.

This also has always worked perfectly. But now, it sometimes work and sometimes it doesn't. Oddly enough it recognizes what I say perfectly. But somethimes it simply starts a google search instead of starting the navigation.

For instance I say "Nagiveer naar Eenstraat 12 Amsterdam" (which is Dutch for "Navigate to Onestreet 12 Amsterdam") it recognizes it perfectly and starts navigation. The I say for instance "Navigeer naar Anderestraat 14 Amsterdam" (which is English for "Navigate to Otherstreet 14 Amsterdam"). Again, it recognizes it perfectly but this time it simply start a Google Search.

I've been epxeriencing more problems, but these are the most annoying (to me).

Kevin Patzer

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
this happens to me as well, your bot alone. I really. appreciate being able to say "ok google" in any screen, but it's seems not worth the trouble. Sometimes i even have to retrain the voice model twice a day.

Kevin Patzer

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
so i was playing with it, and realized that i sometimes said ok google in a higher and sometimes a lower voice. so I i retrained it with particularly the deeper side of my voice, and, every time i say ok google i say it with the same voice deepness as i trained it with and it works every time