Alcatel OneTouch Pop Astro won't factory reset and is google locked.

B

Bvasly

I was given a Alcatel One Touch Pop Astro and was told it had been reset I just have to bypass the lock screen. I tried to factory reset using the volume and power buttons to access system restore options. After selecting to wipe and factory reset device to factory settings and confirm my choice. The bottom left corner of the screen shows its wiping and restoring device and takes me back to system restore menu after it successfully restored the device. I select reboot system and the phone powers off and restarts and I'm taken back to the same screen it was on before the factory restore. I connect to my Wi-Fi and then the next screen it ask to enter the google account the phone was associated with. I have no idea as to what it was since it was given to me to temporarily replace a back up phone I keep just in case something were to happen to my Flex 2. I asked my brother in law if he knew what it was and of course he didn't know either. Now I'm stuck with a phone I've never heard of with a google lock on the phone till I verify email. I googled different ways to factory reset and the only option I have is to hard reset with volume and power button since I can't access the settings menu on device. I downloaded an app to my pc that factory resets devices but since I don't have access to the settings on the phone I can't turn on USB debugging. The alcatel website is no help either other than pdf manuals for devices. Any help will be greatly appreciated so I can bypass the google lock.
Thanks in advance

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That's an extra security measure to avoid access if your phone is stolen (and I think a very good one). You need to contact the original owner so he/she can unlock using the Google credentials. If that's not a possibility, well...

Tinsman

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
I was given a Alcatel One Touch Pop Astro and was told it had been reset I just have to bypass the lock screen. I tried to factory reset using the volume and power buttons to access system restore options. After selecting to wipe and factory reset device to factory settings and confirm my choice. The bottom left corner of the screen shows its wiping and restoring device and takes me back to system restore menu after it successfully restored the device. I select reboot system and the phone powers off and restarts and I'm taken back to the same screen it was on before the factory restore. I connect to my Wi-Fi and then the next screen it ask to enter the google account the phone was associated with. I have no idea as to what it was since it was given to me to temporarily replace a back up phone I keep just in case something were to happen to my Flex 2. I asked my brother in law if he knew what it was and of course he didn't know either. Now I'm stuck with a phone I've never heard of with a google lock on the phone till I verify email. I googled different ways to factory reset and the only option I have is to hard reset with volume and power button since I can't access the settings menu on device. I downloaded an app to my pc that factory resets devices but since I don't have access to the settings on the phone I can't turn on USB debugging. The alcatel website is no help either other than pdf manuals for devices. Any help will be greatly appreciated so I can bypass the google lock.
Thanks in advance

Did you ever get you phone working i have the same problem. I got my from a friend

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The way to get it working is to enter the correct Google account name and password from the previously associated Google account (presumably your friend's). Assuming you're still friends with this person, ask them for that information, or bring the phone to them and ask them to enter the info. Then, after the phone starts back up, go to Settings>Accounts, and remove your friend's Google account properly. This is what needs to be done prior to a factory reset in order to avoid the Factory Reset Protection feature.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21