My battery takes forever to charge, Galaxy S5 Active

A

AC Question

I just updated my S5 active. When i went to charge it 2 nights ago the battery went from around 2% to 51% in about 7 hours. So the whole day it was pretty much kept on a charger and never got above 20%. So last night I shut it off and charged it and it only charged to 92% in 8 hours and that was off. It has never charged this slow before, it literally just started happening. I haven't tried any different chargers but i know mines not damaged or anything. And the battery drains to fast. I turned it on at 92% and put spotify on (offline mode) and hopped in the shower. Got out maybe 15 minutes later and it was at 75%. So should i get a new charger and try that or is it the battery or the update?

12MaNy

Regional Leg Breaker
Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I just updated my S5 active. When i went to charge it 2 nights ago the battery went from around 2% to 51% in about 7 hours. So the whole day it was pretty much kept on a charger and never got above 20%. So last night I shut it off and charged it and it only charged to 92% in 8 hours and that was off. It has never charged this slow before, it literally just started happening. I haven't tried any different chargers but i know mines not damaged or anything. And the battery drains to fast. I turned it on at 92% and put spotify on (offline mode) and hopped in the shower. Got out maybe 15 minutes later and it was at 75%. So should i get a new charger and try that or is it the battery or the update?

Sounds hardware related (bad battery), but I could be wrong. Go with the process of elimination my friend. Go into settings and see if anything is draining your battery unneededly. Then, inspect the charging port, then try a different charger. If that doesn't work, get another battery......etc.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech