What should I do samsung galaxy s4 stuck at screen saying "downloading do not turn off target"?

A

AC Question

What should I do samsung galaxy s4 stuck at screen saying "downloading do not turn off target"?

I have had my phone since July. Haven't had any issues with it until now.The phone is not rooted. So last night I plugged in my phone to charge over night and the phone drained down to about 5% and did not charge. I restarted the phone and took the battery about for a few minutes then left the phone to charge with the power turned off in case background processes were draining the battery so quickly. I came back after about an hour and the phone was still stuck at 5%. Then came back a little bit later and it is displaying the screen "Downloading do not turn off target" with the green android figure standing above. In the top right corner it also has other information.

Factory Mode
Product name:SCH-1545
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System status: official
Reactivation lock: off
CSB-Config-LSB: 0x30
Secure Download: enabled
Write Protection: Enabled
eMMC Burst Mode enabled

What does this mean? I can't think of any way that I could have put it into this mode since no one was touching it when this happened.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: What should I do samsung galaxy s4 stuck at screen saying "downloading do not turn off target"?

Welcome to Android Central! That's Download Mode (aka Odin Mode), which allows you to copy a new firmware file to the phone via USB from your computer. If you're not actively transferring a file from your computer, then you don't have to worry about shutting down, then trying to power on again. If you can't shut down, then pull the battery for 10 seconds, then put it back in and power on normally.