My tablet is stuck on an orange screen

A

AC Question

I put my Samsung Galxey Tab3 into kids mode, it worked find until it died. When we charged it up it opened on the orange background of kids mode, but without any writing or options. I tried to restart it but it opened up to the same thing. Help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you reboot, does it first show the Samsung logo as if it's normally booting up, then that orange screen? Or does it go straight to the orange screen?

If the latter, then make sure you're completely powering down. Press and hold Power and Vol Down for 15-20 seconds until you force a shutdown. Then wait a few seconds, and then power on again normally.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
First the Samsung logo then the Samsung Kids logo briefly before going to the orange screen.

When you follow the steps to boot into Recovery, does it just go from the Samsung logo to the Samsung Kids logo? You're sure that you're pressing and holding both Power and Volume Up when you power on, then releasing Power but keeping Volume Up pressed when you see the Samsung logo, and releasing Volume Up only when you see the Android image?

nicosvrin

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Yes quite sure. Tried it again several times immediately prior to replying. Hold both buttons, let go of power button when I see the Samsung screen, continue holding the volume up, several seconds later I see the Samsung Kids screen.

nezzie93

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
My daughter's had the same issue. She just got hers for Christmas. We left it just sitting on the charger for a few days and it didn't get used. Not sure if this is what caused the problem. Her's would restart and flash the unlock screen and then go to the orange glowing screen. I followed the link above and followed the instructions to clear the cache'. This process did not work. Finally went back in and did the factory restore. This worked and the tablet is back on track. Since the tablet was linked to a google account, all the apps that were previously loaded through Google Play have automatically reloaded. We did have to reload the apps the had been loaded through the kids place manually.
Hope you get yours resolved. Pretty disappointed to already be having issues not even 3 weeks out of the box.

Monster Mash

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
This happened to my daughter's Galaxy Tab 3 Lite Kids Edition about 2 days ago, as well. Stuck on the orange screen every time even after shutting down completely. Seems to be Samsung's Kids software overlay causing the issue. I was able to back up photos to my PC even while it was frozen and performed a factory reset. Still, I wish there were a better solution. Seems like this is not an isolated issue.