Lenovo TAB2 A10 Networking Failure on a repeater

John Gammel

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Have a brand new Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F at Android Version 5.0.1. Our FL residence has two concrete buildings so they are wirelessly bridged using DD-WRT and Linksys routers into one network. They TAB works fine on the primary wireless network XXX but can't see the internet on XXXvi. Other devices including iPhones, iPads, Nexus 5 phone and Windows laptops work seamlessly on either router and you can readily walk back and forth without a connection issue. We can also print using these devices to printers attached to either router so I'm confident of the network configuration which has been in place for over 2 years.

I've rebooted all the network gear from the DSL modem to the XXXvi router, removed all the DHCP clients, etc. I also did a hard reset on the TAB thinking that a config file got corrupted but with the same results. I also removed and reconnected to the XXXvi network.

Chrome reports "You are offline", "Wi-Fi and mobile data are turned off" and DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET. Strange since in the WLAN it's connected to the XXXvi network. I also used IP Tools and it didn't show on outside IP, position, etc.

John Gammel

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
All the routers are versions of Linksys WRT54G or WRT54GL so they are 2.4 Ghz.
I didn't mention it in my original post but I also tried Firefox with the same results.

I've attached screen shots from IP Tools for the two networks taken with my phone.

I edited this to include .png files rather than .jpg photos.Screenshot_XXXvi.jpgScreenshot_XXX.jpg

Attachments

• Lenovo IP Tools XXX.jpg
    Lenovo IP Tools XXX.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Lenovo IP Tools XXXvi.jpg
    Lenovo IP Tools XXXvi.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members