Best wallpaper app that has edge-to-edge scrolling and supports uncompressed images?

Tanglebrook

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
It's been a couple months since I moved to Android (M 6.0.1) and I still can't find what I'm looking for. By default, Android compresses your wallpaper images and only lets them scroll a certain amount, so if you're applying a particularly wide PNG and only have a few homescreens, it'll come out lower quality and the sides will be cut off.

I'm looking for an app that shows you the very leftmost portion of the wallpaper on your very leftmost homescreen, and the right portion on your rightmost screen, and won't compress the image when you apply it.
The closest I've found are KLWP, which doesn't compress and has full scrolling but stutters for me between homescreens - and Image 2 Wallpaper, which doesn't compress but only supports full scrolling until a certain width.

Any crazy wallpaper people here have a better solution? I'm seriously thinking about writing my own app.

EDIT: Just stumbled onto it, but Muzei seems to work pretty well after you turn off all the fancy stuff. A little clunky and slow, but once the wallpaper is applied it has full scrolling and no compression. (EDIT2: Muzei doesn't seem to support non scrolling images, zooming in on the ones that are exactly your resolution so you still get a scrolling effect...the zoom also happens on ones with a small amount of extra space on the sides, like 50-100px)

Tanglebrook

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Someone on another forum just suggested FiveWallpapers (it won't let me link). It's not something I'd use since it doesn't support scrolling, but it lets you set a different wallpaper for each of your homescreens, so that's pretty neat. Still haven't found a good solution for what I need though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech