Low headphone volume on Amazon Fire 7" 2015...

A

AC Question

I have a new 'Black Friday' Amazon Fire 7" tablet, which was purchased for my birthday. All round, it's a great value tablet but I find that the headphone output is low, much lower than the output of my other devices.

I've rooted the tablet and have flashed SlimRom, and tried all kinds of volume boosting apps, but they seem to make the sound mushy and compressed, so I'm guessing the tablet has some sort of hard/software limiter in place.

Is there anything code-wise that can be done to raise the volume limit at all? I've browsed to the SmartVolume folder in the tablet and messed around with changing the code for wired headphones, but that doesn't seem to have done anything.

Any ideas?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Low headphone volume on Amazon Fire 7" 2015...

I use Bluetooth headphones (jaybird x2),and I find that the volume is sufficient on my fire 2015

Are you using wired or Bluetooth?

j_linger

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Wired headphones... other devices (iPhone...boo!) pump out plenty of volume, but the Fire tablet seems to have a rather aggressive limiter in place which compresses the audio a fair bit.

I do a lot of travelling by tube/bus, so I really do need an extra bit of clean, uncompressed volume from it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall