Samsung Galaxy Prime Questions from New User

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
So I called my sister phone and put my phone together with hers and put it on speaker and it both started making weird noises when I talked into it why is that? And could you potentially break your phone by doing that or is it fine because I don't want my phone to break thankyou .

So I've been thinking about restricting backround data on my Samsung grand prime but does it mess up anything I heard it saves battery on your phone is that true? Could you guys specify what it does and tell me if it saves battery thankyou and should I turn it on or leave it off

Guys I've been using this sunglasses lens cleaner to clean my phone screen / camera I'm wondering is it safe to use that and am I still able to use it ? It's a sunglasses lens cleaner and it comes with a spray and a cloth and i spray the spray on my phone and camera and wipe it could you guys tell me if its same to use ?

So my Samsung grand prime has been dying quite fast lately I've been using it at 3:04 pm on 97% and by 3:49-3:50pm it was on 91%-90% and I didn't even do much stuff I just went on the Internet and in the setting and on some built in phone apps from my carrier and the battery just goes down could you guys tell me if its going down normal or if its going down to fast thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung grand prime device dying fast help !

Thanks for posting those images. A few initial thoughts:

1. 4 hrs 12 min of screen-on time with 27% battery charge remaining is pretty darned good. It means you're on track for 345 total minutes of screen time for a whole charge, which is 5 hrs 45 min. In comparison, the Nexus 5 usually gave me about 2.5 hrs of total screen-on time, while my Nexus 6P is giving me maybe 4.5-5 hrs.

2. I see that you're using Clean Master. My advice is not to. Uninstall it, if you can. The useful things that Clean Master does, you can do on your own using the system's own features. Clean Master does other things that are counterproductive, and can contribute to battery drain. For example, if you have Clean Master set to "clean RAM' periodically by killing apps, the system will automatically reopen apps to make sure RAM is mostly full, because that's how Android was designed to work. If the phone is going through a cycle of killing apps/restarting apps/killing apps, that uses energy, and therefore contributes to battery drain.

3. As mentioned before, tap the Cell Standby listing so that we can see more details. If there is a fair amount of Time Without Signal, that suggests poor signal, which also drains battery.

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Here is the cell standby... and I should unistall clean master because it drains battery? I thought clean master was good

Here other percentages if you would like to see the. Just tell me and should I just unistall clean master

Thanks so it's perfectly fine

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 19
  • 124.jpg
    124.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 20

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Guys I'm just wondering is Clean master any good or should I just delete it? People told me that clean master is just junk and it waste your battery So should I use clean master or just unistall it and stick with the app called smart manager?

Attachments

• 130.jpg
    130.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 37

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Wait but what if my phone is dying and it's kind of of running slow Clean master doesn't help with any of that?

Should I just use Smart manager to help my phone out cause after all they prefer installed it would that help on cleaning my phone or no?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Wait but it's pre-installed

So if my phone is going slow a answer my ram is full how do I clean it? I'm using a Samsung grand prime and it doesn't have a function to clean the ram

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Is Smart Manager bad?

I've heard that clean master is bad. But how is smart manager bad? It's a pre installed app... And I'm using a Samsung grand prime so I don't have the function to clean my ram. Does that man I have to disable smart manager too because I already deleted clean master

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Wow I read that whole article I guess that any task killers such as clean master and / smart manager are bad for your device you should let it just run how it's supposed to run and I should just disable smart manager and use my phone how it is

So by saying that does that mean that my phone battery will improve and that smart manager doesn't help anything even thoe it's pre-installed so this means that APP KILLERS ARE A BIG FONY PEICE OF JUNK

What the heck?! I'm not able to disable smart manager how can I take this crap out my phone

Should I keep knock active protection on to help my phone or does it just drain my battery ? IDK if it helps my phone or not tell me if I should keep it on or just turn it off.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung grand prime device dying fast help !

Yes, uninstall Clean Master. It's not particularly useful, and can be counterproductive, as I explained above.

The Cell Standby shows no Time without Signal, so at least you're not getting into areas where your carrier signal is completely absent. But it still might be poor in some areas. What happens if you tap the battery graph--do you get a fullscreen graph with a Cell Signal Strength indicator bar at the bottom?

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
The Lookout security app should I keep it or should I disable it IDK is it a good app that prevents bad apps from loading

No my phone is unable to do that I'm sorry

And should I unistall smart manager too? I have a quick question. Thoe should I keep Knox protection on or off or does it waste my battery and it performs the Samsung software bad? And should I sign up for the Lookout protection app or just forget about it?

Should I keep Lookout as a device manager or just keep it off and just use nova launcher ? Out of all of these managers which one should I keep as my manager

Here how Lookout looks

Attachments

• 138.jpg
    138.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 137.jpg
    137.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 12

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Is Clean master any good,
Is Clean Master Any Good,

@Kevin Christoff:

Please, read this - why Cheetah Mobile is so bad:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=4435166

...and this - why RAM cleaners/manager/task killers, etc are BAD:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=4655557

...and this information on how Android handles multitasking, processes, RAM, etc automatically for you. Post by one of the authors of Android:

http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2010/04/multitasking-android-way.html?m=1

...and this if you have time to read a long thread full of good information by some very smart people. The Truth is in this:

http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/6857986

...and this - my Simple Rules:

http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/7082731

Last edited:

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Guys I heard the smart manager is crap and you don't need it and that it only waste battery he do you disable Smart Manager? Or unistall it I don't want it on my phone because I heard that it waste battery and it's crap because it's like clean master.

Guys does this mess up anything on my Samsung? It's a service for nova launcher does it cause it to go slow or its fine and does it drain battery if it drains battery could you guys tell me please here's a picture of it :)

Attachments

• 151.jpg
    151.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 13

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Does this service waste battery on Samsung or does it mess up anything

Hello! This is the setting in Nova launcher that allows nova to pull down your notification shade. So if you are using Nova, you should keep this enabled so that the launcher can do its job.

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
1. Should I keep the smart manager app does it help your phone or is it just like clean master it makes your phone slow?

2. How do you disable Smart Manager or at least how do u make it stop working?

Guys I have a Samsung grand prime and I'm trying to find out how to make your screen go to sleep? Is their a way you can do that or does it do it automatically when u shut your phone screen?

How is my battery life 1-10

Here a graph of my battery life how good is it

Is the percentage of my screen on time bad it's 29% and I've been on it for 5 hours

Attachments

• 162.jpg
    162.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 162.jpg
    162.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 163.jpg
    163.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 18