Samsung Galaxy Prime Questions from New User

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
So I called my sister phone and put my phone together with hers and put it on speaker and it both started making weird noises when I talked into it why is that? And could you potentially break your phone by doing that or is it fine because I don't want my phone to break thankyou .

So I've been thinking about restricting backround data on my Samsung grand prime but does it mess up anything I heard it saves battery on your phone is that true? Could you guys specify what it does and tell me if it saves battery thankyou and should I turn it on or leave it off

Guys I've been using this sunglasses lens cleaner to clean my phone screen / camera I'm wondering is it safe to use that and am I still able to use it ? It's a sunglasses lens cleaner and it comes with a spray and a cloth and i spray the spray on my phone and camera and wipe it could you guys tell me if its same to use ?

So my Samsung grand prime has been dying quite fast lately I've been using it at 3:04 pm on 97% and by 3:49-3:50pm it was on 91%-90% and I didn't even do much stuff I just went on the Internet and in the setting and on some built in phone apps from my carrier and the battery just goes down could you guys tell me if its going down normal or if its going down to fast thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
my phone is running kind of slow and are guys positive it's not ram

So I know you guys said that ram and stuff doesn't make your phone slow but I'm trying to figure out this lol my phone kind of slow here a picture of my ram could you guys tell me if it's my ram

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 237.jpg
    237.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 12

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: my phone is running kind of slow and are guys positive it's not ram

I would try to do a factory data reset and don't install any apps to see if you still have the same problem

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung grand prime device dying fast help !

I highly doubt that feature drains battery. It's simply a notification that gets triggered when an app update is ready.

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Is it fine if I use this to delete unessesary files and cache because it's unable to disable or uninstall I won't clear ram with it I'll only clean up my storage space is it safe to use our should I just take the app away and not use it the app is called " Smart Manager "

Guys How Frequently Should I Be Clearing Cache On My Phone Should I Be Doing it Everyday / Every Week / Every Month / OR every Year how Frequently Should I be clearing it?

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: How Frequently Should I Clear Cache

What phone model do you have?

Most of the newer phones do not require cache clearing. There are some rare instances where you might- such as if you have a very old phone with little memory

Don't install any 3rd party cache clearing apps either. If you do need to clear cache, it is already built in Android/your phone.

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I Have a Samsung grand prime

Should I delete the files that pop up on my phone called miscellaneous Files or should I keep it in really don't know what their for

Attachments

• 66.jpg
    66.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 26

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: How Frequently Should I Clear Cache

Using Android since v1.0 one gradually learns what works and what doesn't no matter how thick-headed one may be. Using Linux for 15 years helps, too. But someone posts a learning experience for me almost everyday. And thanks for that!

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Google play services wasted 10% of my battery is that normal? My screen on time is 5hr and 22 min and my phone hasn't been charged for 15hr and all I notice is Google play services using 10% of my battery is that normal.

Guys is it safe to use smart manager just to clean uncessary data or is it not safe like I'm not gonna clean ram or anything I'm only gonna clean my storage should I do it or should I not use it?

Guys I still have no clue what miscellaneous Files are and I have been clearing them back to back should I keep clearing it or should I leave it here a picture of what I usually clear and crappie is it safe to delete this crap

Attachments

• 73.jpg
    73.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 18

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Guys is it safe to use smart manager just to clean uncessary data or is it not safe like I'm not gonna clean ram or anything I'm only gonna clean my storage should I do it or should I not use it?

You have a TMO Samsung?

I don't use Smart Manager. It is really clean master and that stuff is evil.

What phone do you have and why do you feel you need to clean anything? Are you experiencing some problems?

I wouldn't worry about it, I don't ever clear any files on my phone.

Are you experiencing some kind of issue?

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I have the Samsung grand prime and I was thinking about using it just to clear storage not ram because after all I'm not able to delete it your choice tell.me if I should use it or not please tell me yes or no so I can know thank you so much :)

And I have Samsung grand prime

No I'm not so should I just keep it on and not worry about it ? Are you sure after all its called miscellaneous files

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid