Contacts Storage in Lenovo a7000 increasing. Disabling or Clearing Data not allowed on the device.

A

AC Question

Earlier Contacts Storage size was around 370mb, which is reduced by Factory Reset, around 15 days back, but again increasing and now it reached to 170mb.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you syncing contacts from accounts besides your Google account? Go to Settings>Accounts and tap each account there. Does anything besides Google have a Contacts sync checkbox?

S1S9A

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Yes. But now I have stopped Hotmail and whatsapp Contact Sync. There are Facebook, 2 Personal IDs, Truecaller and Twitter as well but no option for Contact sync there.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you only want to sync contacts from your Google account, go to Settings>Apps>All, select Contacts and/or Contacts Storage, and Clear Cache/Clear Data. Then open Contacts again and wait for it to sync your Google contacts again. Only your Google contacts should be syncing this time--not Hotmail or WhatsApp. Now see if Contacts Storage keeps increasing.

S1S9A

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Done whatever is noted by you (similar reply for Lenovo Help) and waited for 3-4 days. Now today when checked the size of Contacts Storage is increased to 202MB (App 2.68MB and Data 199MB). So it is continuously increasing.
Also as noted earlier Contacts Storage App is not allowed for use to be disabled or clearing the data in Lenovo A7000.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What was the Contacts Storage data size immediately after the first sync? It'd be helpful to know more data points.

Do you have Google+ installed and enabled? If so, open it, swipe in from the left, tap Settings>Contacts, and uncheck "Keep contacts up to date." Does that make a difference?

S1S9A

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
First sync? after factory reset it was around 4mb. Contacts Storage app is inbuilt in Lenovo a7000 and is not allowed for data clearance / disable. Today's score on this app is 223MB. Regarding Google+ the "Keep contacts up to date" is unchecked.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Unsync your Facebook and Twitter contacts. I've seen issues with LinkedIn syncing tons of contact info, so perhaps the same thing is happening with Facebook and Twitter.

shradhaz

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi same is the problem with my lenovo P780, contact storage app's clear data tab is non editable so could not be cleared excess mb size which is increasing day by day, even i updated software through authorised service centre still problem persist, kindly suggest