Alarm clock not working since 01/Jan/2016 on Samsung GT-I5800

A

AC Question

Hello,

I have a Samsung GT-I5800, with Android 2.2 (froyo), latest official firmware.
Since 01/Jan/2016 the alarm clock is not working (the alarm turns on only if the phone is plugged in = connected to the charger).
When not connected to the charger, the clock seems to enter some sleep mode. If I press any button when the display is turned off, when it turns on, I notice a delay of a few seconds in updating the time (the clock seems to freeze when the display turns off).
If i set the date before 01/01/2016 everything works fine.
I performed a factory - reset of the phone (menu Settings, Confidentiality, factory reset), but nothing changed.
I installed the latest updates offered, but still no change...
Thank you,
Serban

qwerty90bg

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Hello,
Same here! I downloaded few other alarm clock programs, not much because it's an old phone, but none of them working. I don't want to buy a new phone for this reason, if someone have a solution please let us know!

Thanks, qwerty90bg

qwerty90bg

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
After a factory reset, nothing changed, but for me one app:macropinch Alarm Clock is working. But after the reset my camera often freeze down, with a less better app it's working, but the wifi connection also says error, than after a temp clear it's working. If i'm calling, the battery always discharge, so sadly this year I think I have to buy an other phone. I think that is the goal with every phone after many years.