Advice on best phone for me - upgrading from HTC One M8

msimpsonnj

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi all - I am on Verizon, and ready to upgrade from my HTC. Basically, I want a fast device that works without crashes, and cost is not an issue. Email, texting, web browsing, GPS, and Spotify (using external speakers) are my most-used functions. I have read all the reviews I can find and obviously there are pros and cons to each. Battery life is important, replaceable battery is not. Micro SD slot nice but not needed.

I am open to almost anything, but really lean away from the bigger phones (to me around 5 inches give or take is ideal, though for the right reasons I might even be convinced to go large).

I was close to pulling the trigger on a Droid Turbo 2 but saw some posts about problems with Motorola and updates? I would welcome comments on why I should not (or should) go with the Droid Turbo 2.....

Thanks!

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I can't speak for the Turbo as I don't own one, but I do have the Moto X Pure and I certainly don't have issues with updates. Moto were the first company to push out Marshmallow to the majority of people.

I am biased towards Nexus devices and Moto Devices simply because I prefer stock Android. If you are looking for devices in the 5 inch region, you might want to take a look at Sony's compact range, specifically the Z3 compact or newer Z5 compact. These days 5 inches is compact!

Or you could hold fire for a couple of months and wait to see what HTC, Samsung & LG bring out for 2016. Nothing worse than buying a new phone then a month later a new one is out ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey