How do I know why WhatsApp banned my phone number?

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Note 3 phone and changed to an AT & T number in September 2015. Once I tried to verify my new number with WhatsApp I got a pop-up saying "Your phone number has been banned from using WhatsApp. Please contact support." And when I wrote them, they responded within a day saying my number was listed under "non-mobile" in their server and hence the issue; Now I could verify my number and use WhatsApp without any problems.
Come 31st December 2015, when there was a WhatsApp outage my connection stopped working briefly, following which I again started receiving the same error message that I couldn't verify my number since its been banned from using WhatsApp. Its been 6 days now to no avail.
I have written to WhatsApp support multiple times with no proper response. Their customer support Zendesk is totally messed up. Every time I submit a new request on that portal, it automatically goes to closed requests, marked as solved. Till now I have only received automated responses from WhatsApp which has infuriated me so much. If anyone knows how to contact WhatsApp or anyway on how to go about restoring my connection, you help is much appreciated.