I'm considering jumping ship/ researching Android - Help finding the right phone? Your experiences?

Newtodroid1

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Hello all

I have been a Windows phone user for the past 4 years, and have largely loved the OS, but the app-gap is too much and I am looking to go with Android. I've used iOS on Iphone 6 for the last 3 months and absolutely hate it, so I want to give Android a try.

Things I want out of my phone:
- High quality display
- Not too big (About the size of the normal IPhone 6, or Lumia 950, for comparison. Can't recall the exact screen size)
- Thinner is better
- 32 Gb storage minimum
- Fast enough to enable a smooth/snappy experience

Phones that I have been looking at
- LG Nexus 5x: On paper it looks like it covers most of everything I want, however reviews I have read seem very hit or miss with regards to being slow/choppy and instability

- Sony Xperia z5: Decent reviews, but also have not heard any compelling reason to purchase it other than for the camera

- LG G4

Any suggestions with supporting argument for or against any of the models I listed, or anything that I havent read up on but you think is a good fit, I would love to hear.

Thank you!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi and welcome to AndroidCentral.

I'm a former Windows Phone user who switched to Android. I got the Moto X Pure Edition, which would probably be too big for your preferences.

What country do you reside in, and what carrier do you have? There are no US carriers selling the Sony Xperia z5.

I would recommend either the Nexus 5X or the LG G4. Both are outstanding devices. The main difference is that the Nexus 5X will get updates early and often, since those updates come directly from Google, not carriers or OEMs. The Nexus 5X is also unlocked, so it can be used on any carrier.