LG g3 No update center- can't update my software and android version

A

AC Question

I have an LG g3 D855 .So I have a problem that I dont have any update center - which means i cant upgrade my system or anything. i tried to update from LG suite or the lg mobile support tool but the both failed. another thing to point out is that there is no update center also when I go to "About Phone" tab in my options.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where did you get the phone from? Was it from a carrier store, or unlocked from an online retailer? Was it new or used? Do you know if it's rooted?

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
I also have a unlocked LG G3 and I have a update center and I still can't update to lollipop and my phone is brand new, I don't know what carrier it is but my brother has one as well and his is AT&T and his updated to lollipop but I can't, it says no update available, what should I do

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
That's interesting. How were those G3's updated? Did you have to rely on a notification that the carrier was pushing it OTA?

It did not affect me personally, since I have an unlocked version in the UK. The ones I referred to were US-carrier locked. I don't recall how those users were affected, apart from being annoyed at the loss of that and other apps, such as the FM Radio app. I daresay the updates happened in the way that you suggest.