How can I make the alarm ring when on silent?

A

AC Question

Hello everybody,

I set an alarm then I set Do Not Disturb then I go to sleep, the funny thing is it doesn't ring when the time comes, it only shows the alarm on the screen or it vibrates, but no sound at all.

If I choose the option where the Do Not Disturb ends at the time of the alarm, what happens is the alarm first finishes (in silent :$) and then it's not in Do Not Disturb.

is there anyway I can have a normal silent option like every phone in the world where it is silent about everything except the alarm? because the only reason a person sets an alarm is to wake up or to be reminded of something at the selected time, it's a thing that the 6P doesn't understand.

I hope I'm wrong and there is actually a proper silent option

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
What alarm application are you using? Going off what you are saying, you might be using a third party alarm application that isn't properly registering the alarm with the system.... a bunch don't. Because the DND settings of the 6P will only silence alarms if you have it set to "Total Silence". If you have it set to "Priority" or "Alarms Only", alarms should play. I know they do on mine. I have a DND rule that runs 7-7... and my alarms roll off before the DND rule expires, and the alarms sound. But I use Timely... which is an alarm app from Google that properly registers the alarm (you'll know if there is an alarm clock that pops up in the status bar)

Screenshot_20160107-142543.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance