How can i re-flash stock verizon recovery on Samsung Galaxy s3

A

AC Question

I obviously didnt do my research before doing this, i rooted my s3 with towelroot, downloaded the TWRP app on my phone, and went through the steps of installing the recovery. From the looks of it it was all fine and dandy, until restarted it, trying to get it into recovery. It gives me an error saying "System software not aurhorized my Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help". I have searched the web day and night trying to find a .tar or similar file that i can flash with odin that will reinstall the stock recovery. nothing has worked and it has stayed on that screen when booting into recovery. I can boot normally, but its just the recovery that doesnt work. The phone has been messing up and i would like to reset it, but that is not possible without a recovery. It is the latest version of android 4.4.2.

Can anyone offer some advise as what to do. I am kind of in a pickle, being that this is my daily driver, and i need it to work properly. i need a .tar or similar file that Verizon will accept that i can use to reset my phone to factory reset.

Any help is appreciated,
Eric

EricBrasuell

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
1. You can't install TWRP on a Samsung on AT&T or Verizon - the bootloader is welded shut. You CAN install Safestrap. Look for it in the Verizon S3 section of XDA Forums.

2. Reflash the stock ROM (see [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN), use Towelroot, install Busybox (also free at the Play Store) and install Safestrap. You'll get the "Custom" logo at boot, but it won't trip Knox.
REPLY QUOTE

so knox is what is causing that message to come up? if not what is knox? i installed safestrap but it flashes black all the time. i have to hold my finger on the screen to make it stop so i can see what the screen says.
ps i created an account after i posted the original question but its me.

Last edited: