Is it ok to leave this phone charging overnight?

A

AC Question

Just wanted to make sure that it is ok to leave my phone plugged in AC power for around 8 hours when I'm sleeping or not? (I turn off WIFI and close all apps and completely don't use it when it is plugged).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I've left phones plugged in for over a month (it happens in a shop if the phone gets shoved to the back of the bench and forgotten). I usually keep all the phones and Bluetooth headsets I'm not using on chargers until I need them.

Lithium charging circuitry (the circuit in the phone) turns the charge off when the battery is fully charged (which is about half an hour after it reaches "100%") - then, if the charge drops a little, the charger kicks in, brings it back to full charge and shuts off again.

Leaving it on the charger until you're ready to use it endures that you start with a fully charged battery.

LTA1

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
Nice one rukbat ☺ as for my experience, even back in my nokia days ( late 90s) to present, i leave my phone charged at night, plug before i sleep and unplug when i get up. I havnt had a problem with batteries to date. Ofcourse im talking about li-ion and li-polymer. ☺

Posted via the Android Central App